My first hair tutorial. Yay! This hair style is inspired by Paulina Rubio, a Latin American pop star. There are tons of videos on how to get beachy waves using different techniques. In this tutorial I started out with straight hair that is a few days old. It is easier to style hair that is a few days old vs. freshly washed hair.
Products and Tools
- BaByliss PRO Triple Barrel Porcelain Ceramic Iron
- Bumble and bumble does it all styling spray
- UANS Molding Paste – if you’re interested check out my UANS contest video to find out how you can get a $5 gift certificate to use on the UANS website. Shipping to the U.S. is now $3.50. Free shipping on orders over $50.
- Section and clip hair into manageable sections.
- Spray the section you’re working on with a heat protecting spray. Follow the directions on the bottle for details on when to apply the heat.
- Create waves with the wave maker.
- Allow hair to cool. Remember not to touch hair until it is completely cool so you do not lose the waves.
- Work your fingers through your hair to break up some of that wave.
- For added texture work a small amount of molding paste through the hair.
- Continue to break up the waves until you reach your desired look.
Here is a link to one of my favorite Paulina Rubio music videos.
Quick Tip: use heated tools sparingly and make sure to use a product to protect your hair from the heat when using them.