My hair type is curly and thin. After years of struggling with frizz in the summer, I found a way to wear my hair naturally and frizz-free. It is a great way for me to give myself and my hair a break from weekly roller sets and blowouts at the hair salon.
My steps to frizz free curls:
- Wash hair with shampoo
- Condition hair for 5 minutes with UANS Therapi Reconstructor
- Detangle hair with a wide tooth comb with treatment still in hair
- Rinse out 90% of the treatment
- Squeeze water out of my hair (DO NOT use a towel to dry your hair, the terry material causes frizz and disturbs your natural curl)
- Rub Redken’s Anti-Frizz Shiner (from Curl Boost line) between palms and distribute through hair using scrunching motions (DO NOT run fingers through hair or use a comb to distribute the product). I use about 2 pumps, depending on your hair’s length you may want to use more or less.
- Distribute UANS Volumizing Mousse throughout hair using scrunching motions. I use about 3 generous pumps.
- Let air dry. Do not touch hair until it is completely dry.
Other helpful tips from my viewers:
- Still feel the need to use something other than your hands to squeeze the water out of your hair? Use an old t-shirt or a micro fiber towel.
- Want to part your hair? Part it while your hair is still soaking wet before your natural curls start to form to prevent disturbing the natural formations and cause frizz.
- Sleep with silk pillow cases to preserve the style (silk pillow cases are also great for your skin)
During the summer I wash my hair once a week. If I feel like I need to freshen up my curls I do not use shampoo, I just rinse my hair and follow the steps starting from step 2.
Share your tips for getting frizz free curls by leaving a comment below.