In my opinion, brows are the most important part of a makeup application. Having unruly brows emphasizes this priority in my own makeup routine. It is the first thing I do in every application. If I have to drop everything, at least I have the brows done.
My steps to groomed brows:
- Brush brows into shape
- Pluck any stray hairs with a tweezer
- Fill in any large gaps and extend tail of the brow with a brow pencil
- Go over brows again with a brush to blend any harsh pencil strokes
- Fill in the portion of the brows closest to the nose lightly with a powder to prevent having harsh looking brows
- IF brows look too dark, go over them with face powder
- Fix Brows into place with a brow gel or wax
Powders that I use to fill in my brows:
- Anastasia Brow Ex-press Palette – Brunette
- MAC eye shadow – Cork, Omega
Pencils that I use to fill in my brows:
- Shiseido the makeup Eyebrow Pencil – #2 Deep Brown
- MAC Brow Pencil – Spiked
Products I use to fix brows in place:
- Anastasia Brow Gel – Clear
- Anastasia Brow Ex-press Palette – Brunette – Wax
- Hair Spray
- Brow Brush or Spooley
- Any object with a straight edge
I get my brows professionally waxed once a month. I believe a fresh set of eyes can be better at evening out your brows without going overboard. Your goal should be to make them look similar, not identical. Trying to make them look identical is stressful, many times almost impossible, and can lead to over-plucking.
There are many anti-waxing folks out there. Up until your 30s your skin has enough elasticity to handle waxing. If you notice things going south then stop, it is as simple as that. If you are paranoid then don’t do it either ha ha ha. In between waxing I use a tweezer to maintain the shape. Razors are a no-no in my book. Its not good for your skin and your brows will appear to be growing thicker because the razor cuts the hair vs. plucking from the root. Threading is another alternative that I have not tried because even watching threading on a screen gives me nausea.
How do you like to do your brows? Leave a comment below or submit a video response to the video above.