Things got a little personal in this TMI Tag. I tend to be more of a private person but I decided to let loose a bit and ended up having a lot of fun answering the random questions. Now I want to start a Q&A series on my channel. You can submit questions by leaving a comment underneath this post or use #askDRB on Twitter. Don’t be shy! Ask me anything and I’ll pick a few questions to answer in the upcoming video.
Click here to watch my TMI Tag video.
I’m Posting every week in 2011! Check out the post I harpooned from WordPress’ blog every day/week challenge, I could have modified it if I wanted to, per their instructions, but I could not have put it better myself:
I’ve decided I want to blog more. Rather than just thinking about doing it, I’m starting right now. I will be posting on this blog once a week for all of 2011.
I know it won’t be easy, but it might be fun, inspiring, awesome and wonderful. Therefore I’m promising to make use of The DailyPost, and the community of other bloggers with similiar goals, to help me along the way, including asking for help when I need it and encouraging others when I can.
If you already read my blog, I hope you’ll encourage me with comments and likes, and good will along the way.
Last week I was interviewed by Victoria Kirby from Makeup.com. Click to view the post: Behind the Vlog: 5 Questions for DRBrooklyn730′s Cindy Diaz.
My failed attempt at showing what my hair looks like. Towards the end it looks more like what it looks like in person, but it looks even lighter than that.
Note: I am not changing my haircare regimen. I was using a deep conditioner (my UANS Intensive Reconstructor) once a week and will continue that routine. My hair was color treated before and is color treated now.
I have done many tutorials where I apply many eye shadows on my eyes but the truth is that I wear very little makeup on an everyday basis. I wear the bare minimum:
- Foundation (sometimes lol) – lately I wear either MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus or Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Makeup in #32 that I set with Make Up Forever’s HD Powder.
- Cheeks – some blush, whatever I’m feeling that day, I don’t have a favorite at the moment, or bronzer in Laguna by NARS.
- Brows – I fill them in with my Shiseido The Makeup Eye Brow Pencil in #2 Deep Brown
- Lashes – I wear my Covergirl Lash Blast mascara in Very Black.
- Lips – I use Rosebud Salve. I am wearing lipstick and lipgloss more often. It’s summer so I am wearing a lot of coral colors like Ravishing and Costa Chic lipsticks by MAC.
It sounds like I wear a lot of makeup after typing this up lol. But it doesn’t appear that way at all when you see me. It just looks like a polished version of me.
What is your everyday makeup?
So you may be wondering why I am including music in my blog.
There are 3 reasons:
- In a fashion show its not just about the clothes, the shoes, the accessories, the makeup and the hair. There is also music. Its the soundtrack. Its the context. They all have to click.
- YouTube won’t let me put music in my videos so I need some place to share my favorite jams.
- Its my prerogative.
And speaking of my prerogative check out one of my favorite songs. I have to throw it down in the club when this comes on. Its a throwback (hint: its a song by a group sanz Bobby Brown). Continue reading
The shoe equivalent of my MAC addiction would be Steve Madden. I love their large selection of shoes that are stylish and are great quality. From embellishments to brights to basics Steve Madden always has me covered.
The shoes I’ve been musing on recently:
With so many gold accessories I need a pair of gold sandals for nights out in the city. The platforms on these sandals make the heels a lot more comfortable.
The zipper detailing on these sandals make these sandals stand out.
I love anything with ankle straps so these shoes landed on my wish list right away. Sexy!
View a snippet of my collection: Continue reading